Friday, February 15, 2008

COLD FRONT ARRIVES
Today we have fired up the fireplace. The temperature dropped from 34 to 32 but no ice bark yet. Had little icicles on the upper roof. They are promising an inch of rain tomorrow and we need it bad. Yesterday was the last day to sign up at the Library for Elmer Kelton's visit Monday and the final number is 210 which is great. It is a fund raiser and we need all the money we can get to operate the Library. We are still looking for $10,000 to finish the annex.

Lou is down to one book to finish her judging. She is still hurting from the surgery and chemo but hopes that it will go away soon. I am walking to the mailbox which helps my exercise and saves gas. I used to drive the pickup.

I am trying to post up everything in Quicken to get the income tax ready. The new one has vehicle mileage records that are more complete than I had been keeping on a spreadsheet, but it takes a lot of time inputting it. Next year I will keep it up during the year.

I wrote my column for the Livestock Weekly and this was my annual Engineer's Week column. I used input from Aerospace, Computers and Mechanical Engineering magazines. I haven't had time to read books lately. But I am learning how to cook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home