Thursday, February 21, 2008

UP AND DOWN WEEK
Monday started with a great day for Cross Plains when the Library held a fund raiser highlighting Elmer Kelton and his wife, Ann. Over 200 were present with more than half from out of town. Book sales hosted by Glenn and Carol Dromgoole from Texas Star brought about 12 boxes of books and only took 4 back. The event raised more than $3000 for the Library to operate on. It was my honor to introduce Elmer and eat with he, Ann, Glenn and Carol. We also had a box telling about our drive to get $37 each from 271 gifts to reach our goal of $10,000 and we got enough that we only need 196 more reach our goal. Lou was unable to make the event due both to her pain level and concern about being in that large a crowd with lower immune system for a while.

Wednesday night I chaired the Methodist Finance Committee and we had the treasurer resign. Because I had that job once I agreed to take it on temporarily and spent all day today working on paying bills and delivering checks in town and depositing checks. When I got home I got an email from an angel in our church, Melanie Long, a former treasurer took pity on me and offered to come back in harness and help out. It was a great relief to me to know that we have such great people in our church.

Tomorrow we are back on the road. Lou is going to take enough pain pills to get through her meeting in Dallas of the board of regents of TWU where she has to give a report. Keep her in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home