Sunday, November 25, 2007

SNOW EVENT
It is mighty quiet after having all the family around until Saturday afternoon. We had a big snow event predicted after midnight today, but during the night all we got was rain. I haven't been up close to my rain guage but from here it looks like it was over 1 1/2 inches. For the first time that I can remember I didn't go to teach SS and church. I stayed home with Lou. I pray that the good Lord will forgive me. This afternoon at 2:15 I was sleeping but Lou said there was a little sleet, then large snow flakes and since then it has snowed right down. She woke me at 3 so I wouldn't miss it. It is now 5:15 and has quit. I have looked at a radar loop and it looks like it will stop for an hour or so and then there is more coming in behind it. So we are getting our predicted snow storm a few hours late. On TV they are cancelling a lot of events and delaying some tomorrow.

I couldn't get on the net when I started this. After I brushed about 2" of snow off of the satellite dish, it worked fine. We heard from Mark in Nagoya. He called at 9 last night using an internet connection and gave us a number in the metroplex that we can call him. Our daughter had called saying they all got home in San Antonio. Ness had called Saturday about 1 saying she got to Lubbock safely. For lunch I got to eat another of Ness' bonbons.

This has been a book reading day. Lou continues to work her way through the Spur novels that she is judging. She expects to get a bunch more before the time limit expires at the end of December. I finished one that she recommended and think it should be a winner. I can't give the title until the judging is done and the awards made. Next I will get back to Glenn Beck's book so that I can pass it along to Jon-Marc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home