Tuesday, October 09, 2007

SHINGLES! UGH
Now it is my time to complain. I have been having pain and blisters on my back and chest for several days and finally went to the doc today and his diagnosis was SHINGLES. I know a lot of people have had this so I will get a lot of sympathy. Lou had it a bunch of years ago so she is sympathetic. I started on the anti-virus med today along with a stronger pain med so maybe I can get more sleep tonight.

Lou is doing better and tomorrow she will take her second Doxil chemo treatment and we will get another CA125 to see if it is working. She still has pain but it is in a different place each day. She is staying downstairs as much as possible and uses her new laptop to handle her email.

A literary note. I got mentioned in Judy Alter's Dallas Morning News column last Sunday. One of Lou's friends at TWU sent me the web site: http://www.guidelive.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/books/stories/DN-bk_alter_1007gl.ART.State.Bulldog.41ff720.html
I got an email from Henry Chappell today thanking me for the mention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home