Sunday, September 23, 2007

LOU'S BIRTHDAY BASH
Our son and daughter and daughter-in-law with our first grandson, his wife and two greatgrandsons spent the night with us Friday night. Saturday they blew up balloons and hung them from a hook on the front porch, invited Lou's sister and her husband and one of her daughters, Diana, for a birthday dinner with a strawberry birthday cake Mary Kathryn made. Ashley and her new husband, Ross drove out for the day. We had homemade vanilla ice cream our daughter made. Lou and I both got more birthday presents from our daughter and grandson's family. Each of the great grandsons gave me a bolo that were beautiful additions to my collection and I wore one to teach Sunday School this morning.

We are continuing the study of Abraham and our French daughter, Laurie Christian (who lived with us when Kathy was a senior in HS) who now practices as a midwife in Auxerre wrote a BD email to Lou and included a story that I have to paste here:

Oh !a good story about different sons of Abraham(as you mentioned on the blog)here it is :A maroccan woman ,age 40, came here, some years ago, and married a French man...age 56.They wanted a baby. She came to see me, 3 years ago, as she wanted detailed explanation about womens fertility moments, and so on (she had barely been to school) . She came to me this week , 6 months pregnant at age 43.In the meantime, 3 doctors had told her she would never have babies, she didn't nave the right hormonal rates..they also refused to help her with any stimulation or medicine.And she said very gratefully to me :"YOU told me, come back and see me when you're pregnant..."And I said:"you read the Coran ,I read the Bible, but you know thats just what happened to Sara, Abraham's wife !"She agreed:"I thought I would never be a mother...and I took care of 2 little girls, for their mother..watching them, I prayed very much, Lord, give me a baby...!!and now some people tell me it's"nuts", but I KNOW it's my LOrd WHo gave me this baby!!!" I agreed...true story.her fisrt name is "Najate". That's a kind of good joy I have in my job !!

Lou is feeling better today. She had some pain yesterday, but hasn't exercised as much today and really enjoyed all the good food and attention this weekend. We have great children and relatives. We are much blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home