Friday, September 14, 2007

BEE EXCITING
Today was a normal day of working in the office and killing fire ants until I decided to mow around the Halsell House with the riding mower. Yesterday the mower wouldn't start and I had to go to town and buy a new battery to finish mowing up here. Today I mowed the old garden plot on the south and then made a pass around the house. As I got to the NW corner of the house the bees attacked. I bailed off the mower fighting with my hands, knocked off my glasses, ran around the house and fished my keys out of my pocket to get into the house, found a towel and fought the remaining bees to a standstill. I then pulled out my phone and after squinting to see the menu finally dialed Lou to find that there is no signal in the house for a cell phone. I waited a while and went out the other back door. The bees let me walk up the road to the house where I took a couple of benadryls. Lou used twezzers to pull a couple of stingers out and I used my wound salve, Carrysyn IV to take out the pain. The stings are not bothering me much and I will be OK.

I went back to the house, took the keys out of the mower to save the battery and found my glasses on the mower where I knocked them off in the first battle.

Lou was pretty good today but this afternoon she is feeling the effects of the chemo some. Thanks for all the emails and prayers for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home