Monday, October 08, 2007




RAIN!

Wednesday I drove to Abilene to have the pickup serviced. It was sunshining there, but a large thunderhead was building up in the East. I wondered if it was over Halsell Hill. As I drove east on I-20 and turned south on 2228 I ran into the clouds and had rain showers down the road. As I got close to home it was dry. When I started walking toward the house there was a light sprinkle. I went up to the computer and about 5:15 it started raining. I came down to eat with Lou and it started pouring. It was over in an hour but we had 1.4" during that time. Not much soaked in. We needed it.


Kathy called last night and told about their weekend adventure. Thursday one of the parents of her students called to ask if she could use 4 Aggie tickets. Of course. When she, Keith, Jim and Christopher got to the game their tickets were in the Zone Club. Really fancy with comfortable chairs, access to snacks and ice cream, large TV screen, etc. I told her I had better seats right down on the field on my TV screen, but she reminded me she had TV also as well as being at the field. It was a great game even if my alma mater lost to the Aggies. They spent the night with Sylvia Grider and went to church with her Sunday. An unexpected great weekend for Aggie graduates.


Louann in Alaska reported seeing the first snow on the mountains. I will post her email.


Hey, everybody,


It's getting colder....I woke up this morning and was welcomed by a beautiful sight. The mountains behind the village across the bay were capped with snow during the night. The day has been absolutely beautiful. I found a new place to walk behind and to the north of the air strip. It was so much fun! I got to see the the village from a different viewpoint, and I think I got some wonderful pictures. It felt so wonderful that I jogged all the way back to my apartment......smiling the whole way. God is so good! (I will include those pics in the next email.)



I think I have decided on a Christmas theme....Christmas Around the World.....many of our carols originated in different countries....I could dress the kids in costumes from each country.....I think it could be real cute, and I do have my Christmas file here.

I am attaching pictures of the wonderful fall scenes around the village including one of my boys hunting like I described in the last email. Several of you commented on the peacefulness of the village.....it is very peaceful. I wish so much that you could share this with me.


I have met more of the villagers, and they are opening up to me more each day. One of them stopped today and asked if I wanted to go to the cannery with her. She was on her way to gather medicine weeds. I chose not to go because I had left a cake in the oven, and I wasn't dressed warmly enough for a four-wheeler ride. There will be another time. And I did enjoy exploring a new area.


Just 77 more sleeps until my flight home for Christmas! I love it here, but I am looking forward to my trip home.


I love you and miss you, Louann


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home