Saturday, June 09, 2007

I felt right at home with NASCAR running at Texas Speedway yesterday when I took on the Dallas traffic. Had to drive to Presbyterian Hospital where TWU has a campus for educating occupational therapists and others in the nursing profession. Had to get on the I-35 parking lot for only about a mile and then onto the 75 expressway and play dodge-em cars out to Walnut something where we wandered around and even asked for direction from three different sources to find TWU campus. Lou was there for a meeting of the Board of Regents to approve promotion and tenure and other important university actions. As usual they fixed me up with my own little office connected to a DSL line where I was able to write and mail my Cowboy and Computer column. I even got to read another chapter in a Johnny Boggs book about Lin Garrett, a marshall in the Arizona territory. Lou got finished at 1:30 and we left the campus at 2. I then had another frightening test of my driving skills to exit I-35 to I-30 that required me to move from the right lane in heavy traffic over to the far left lane. Of course traffic is always slow on 35 so I made it without bending any metal. Traffic was not bad the rest of the way home, but I always give a prayer when we finally get home safely. I hope we don't have any more meetings on that side of Dallas.

Lou is still reading and writing. She has almost finished her article on Rushing for the Roundup. I had to replace the toner cartridge in her printer so that she could print it today. She had a bad day Thursday when she had to go back for another mammogram on her left breast late in the day. I think she was depressed thinking about the possibility of breast cancer. She was also not pleased with the way the tree trimmers had trimmed the trees over the garage and pump house. Their truck broke down in the road coming in the truck gate and is still there awaiting repairs. Therefore there are cut branches all up and down the road and around the house and garage that is not too pleasing. Lou never likes to see trees harmed in any way.

Last night Lou was doing a lot better after the meeting but we decided to not go into Cross Plains for the Robert E. Howard dinner and talk. The Barbarian Festival is in full swing with the parade this morning and activities all day. I volunteered to work at the Library but they didn't need me. I will go in this afternoon to take the bookkeeping for the meeting of the board that I will miss Monday when we leave for Springfield and the annual WWA meeting. We also have a funeral this afternoon for one of our new church members who was in the nursing home in Rising Star. He joined the church due to the mission efforts of Jimmielee Payne about a month ago and died last week.

Tomorrow we will do another laundry to get enough underwear for a week in Missouri. Kathy is with Mary Kathryn this weekend working on the party for Ashley and will come in Sunday night to drive us Monday to Tulsa where we will spend the night and drive into Springfield Tuesday. Will drive back Sunday, the Lord willing and the Creeks don't rise (or the Cherokees or Comanches. We will be going through Indian Territory).

1 Comments:

Blogger brittany said...

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Rodenberger-

Thank you for your support of my parents in recent times. I have enjoyed reading about the church, TWU, and your joys! I pray your health is such that you can enjoy your family for years to come.

Brittany Bright

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home