Friday, June 01, 2007

I called my brother, Robert, today and he said he has been keeping up with us by checking the blog everyday. I was surprised. I didn't think any family reads it. I hear from friends.

To update we are still going to doctors. Wednesday Lou had the mammography ordered by Dr. Estes. Before the appoinment we ate at China Garden, that is up for sale. We got to talk to Glenn Dromgoole who is planning the West Texas Book and Music Festival. We discussed his having Elmer Kelton sign books again in Abilene. I accused him of having him come every month. He said Elmer really helps out when asked. We all agreed he was the pluperfect gentleman author. I asked Glenn if he was going to buy China Garden and he said no, Carol made him agree not to go into the restaurant business.

Today we drove to Dallas to the TWU campus at Parkland hospital for Lou to attend a meeting of the Finance committee of the board of regents. She just got that assignment last week. Traffic wasn't bad and we had benevolent clouds going in that kept the early sun out of our eyes. I tied my laptop into their DSL line and sent my weekly Kiwanis newsletter and checked my email. Downloaded a video that John Womack sent of the juggling finalist. I was fascinated.

Monday I go to the eye doctor for a checkup. Have to support the medical profession. Then we will go back to Dallas Friday this time at the Presbyterian campus of TWU for a full Board of Regents meeting. That night is the dinner in Cross Plains for the Robert E. Howard REHupa group and we hope to make it. Saturday I have volunteered to help the Library stay open for the REH fans. Sunday we start packing to leave Monday for the WWA annual meeting in Springfield, MO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home