Wednesday, May 16, 2007

We continue to support the high gas prices by driving to doctor's offices. Today Lou had her annual physical by Dr. Estes and he pronounced her fit and told me she was a "survivor" so now she is singing Reba's theme song. (You have to watch Reba reruns to know what I am talking about.) We ate a late breakfast at Town Crier restaurant and it really tasted good at 9:30. When we got home the phone rang and Dr. Hancock's secretary told us that due to the CA 125 test going up to 31 that they have scheduled a CT scan for her in Abilene next Monday to look at the abdominal area just to make sure there are no new growths. CA 125 should be less than 35 so she is not out of the normal range. The test is also known for not being too accurate. We were hoping it would stay low.

I went to the chief rehab doc yesterday and he looked at my arm and leg that are hurting and said he didn't think it was arthritis, just problem with tendons in the arm and maybe a small something wandering around in my knee. Told me to continue exercising and gave me a prescription of a stronger pain pill if I needed it. Buffered aspirin seems to be working now. I am doing better. Lou is also doing better and looked at some suggested back excercises in her AMA book that she plans to use to improve her back.

In Lubbock our friend Dr. Richard Chaffin, fomer CP FUMC pastor went to ICU with blood clots in his leg and lungs. After a day of treatment the leg clot disappeared but the lungs still have problems that they are treating and he is out of ICU. He is still planning on preaching this Sunday. If he can't make it, he has the sermon ready to be read. So add him to your prayers. We know they have worked for Lou.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home