Thursday, May 10, 2007

Today was my trip to the doctor for my annual checkup. He tells me that I am 80 and therefore need a complete exam: electrocardiagram, x-rays of my chest, PSA, stool check for blood, etc. Took all afternoon, but Lou was reading a Sandra Scofield novel and sat patiently. I protested but Dr. Estes mandated that I be referred to Dr. Endsley to get a better diagnosis of my arm and knee. He found some deformity with my knee and wants an expert's opinion. Basically he said I was in good health. Therefore next week Lou goes to Dr. Hancock for her periodic checkup on the ovarian cancer on Monday, I see Endsley on Tuesday and Lou has her annual physical appointment with Estes on Wednesday. As Dale Bishop told me "when you retire buy a new auto because you will wear it out going to the doctor".

Lou was starving after not eating all day, so we had an early supper about 4 at The Olive Garden and enjoyed a good meal, with enough to bring home for tomorrow. She then spent some time at HEB getting cosmetics along with her prescription refill. I bought chocolate covered almonds for my part. She said her back is not hurting in the morning and only bothers her during the day when she has to stand for a time. She is a lot better and walking with her shoulders back looking better. We can see what all the prayers have done for her. Thank all of you for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Henry Chappell said...

Great blog, Charles. I'm glad you and Lou are doing well. I wish I could have heard Lou speak at Literary Lubbock!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home