Friday, April 06, 2007

It is great to have my daughter, son-in-law, and two granddaughters here for Holy weekend. And the meteorologist is predicting rain, sleet and snow for tomorrow. We are missing Texas Folklore Society for the first time in about 35 or 40 years. But we remember the Abilene meeting in 1996 when there was a record snowfall of 9.3" on Good Friday and we were commuting to the meeting, got trapped got a hotel room and spent more money on cosmetics and night clothes than the room. Lou says we always have an Easter "spell" of cool weather. Lou is doing a little better, but still in pain.

I got to attend my first Maundy Thursday service since we started with TFS. I knew it focused on the Last Supper, but I wasn't familiar with the "stripping ceremony" where the preacher removes everything from the church and everyone files out silently.

Keith is helping me with my chores. He has done a lot of things including the first mowing of the season. The riding mower started, but the walk behind won't start. I guess we will have to wait for my mechanic grandson, Jim, to come in a couple of weeks and start some old engines. I couldn't start my DR trimmer either.

Keith is just finishing Blakely's last book, COME SUNDOWN. I am glad someone appreciates Blakely. My daughter has her new copy of Carol Walt's DREAMING IN ITALIAN. So much for literature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home