Sunday, April 01, 2007

Lou just got a great phone call from Candy Moulton with the Western Writers of America informing her that she will receive the prestigious Stirrup Award at the annual meeting in Springfield this summer. This award is for the best article published in the Roundup, the WWA member magazine. As I remember the August issue published her essay on Tom Lea with the cover using a Lea painting and the article had a number of photographs from the Lea museum in El Paso. When it was published I sent an email to Laura Bush asking her to show the article to her mother, Jenna Welch, who we met in Midland at the Haley Museum and in El Paso at a Tom Lea event. She was a good friend of Tom Lea. I was a good friend of Tom's brother Dick, who was an Aggie graduate who worked for Lockheed in Colorado. I used to have him talk to my classes in Aero at A&M.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home