Monday, December 22, 2008

SPECIAL SUNDAY

Sunday Lou got up feeling really bad hurting and low energy. I helped her towel off after her shower and get dressed and eat a little breakfast. But then things got a lot better. Mark and Mary Kathryn left early and brought Dotty with them to appear at 8:50 in time to take care of Lou while I went to Sunday School and church. We had our Christmas Cantata so we got out of church early and when I got home at noon Ashley and Ross had just driven in from FW.

They all decided that they would give us early Christmas presents. Mary K presented Lou with a magnificent hand made jacket in beautiful colors that she loved. They piled on more gifts of a flannel sheet set to keep Lou warm, socks for her feet and a camisole to wear. Mark gave me a wildlife camera and installed it on a tree at the pond. We checked the chip and it had photos of each of us walking in front so we know it works and today I will look at a full day of activity at the pond. They also fattened me up with mixed nuts, dark chocolate pecans and added socks so that Dotty can have the ones I am wearing out.

Ashley and Ross gave Lou a beautiful maroon fiber filled blanket that she used over her lap all day. But the lagniape was a framed poem that Ashley wrote entitled Halsell Hill that summarized her feelings over the years of coming here. When she sends it to me I will put it in the blog. They gave me some dark chocolate covered cherries. I am really blessed.

Mary Kathryn made a great lunch and invited Ike and Sue to join us. Sausage and a chicken casserole with asparagus. Special desserts of small pecan pies and a fancy spread on chocolate graham crackers. And the great thing was they cleaned up the kitchen for me. MK left us some special red hot jelly that she made. I had some on my toast for breakfast.

With all the attention, Lou got a little nap in the morning but none in the afternoon so that she slept well last night. This morning she was a little better but took two pain pills to start the day. I have kept a fire going in the fireplace to keep her warm. It got down to 24 this morning after a high of 35 yesterday. The humidifier is going full blast to keep up with the fireplace drying out the air.

We have wonderful children and keep Lou in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home