Monday, November 12, 2007

LORD'S ACRE WEEKEND
Our Cross Plains Methodist Church revived our traditional Lord's Acre celebration after a year's hiatus. Last year we cooked the traditional dinner but gave it to those in need in the area and at the nursing home. This year we returned to the all day affair with the Little Store open at 9 in the morning, the Turkey dinner at 5 and our great auction at 7. Mary Kathryn donated jars of jelly she had made and they sold out immediately in the little store. She donated a handmade ladies jacket of many fall colors that had drew spirited bidding. The preacher really wanted it but when she saw that I was bidding on it she stopped because she thought I was buying it for Lou. She was overjoyed when I gave it to her. MK had promised she was making a special one for Lou. Ashley and Ross also came and they enjoyed the event. We had a lot of new people and the first count on our income was over $12,000 which is pretty good for not having it at the church and having lost some members from the last time we celebrated.

Lou is having some reaction to the last round of chemo. It always is worse the fourth and fifth day after. She has some pain in the edges of her hands this time that she hasn't had in the past. She has a good attitude but elected to stay home because she doesn't want to risk being in a public crowd with her lowered resistance. She has marked the calender to have her hair removed on Nov. 21.

Today I had to go to the Library board meeting, bought groceries and fixed some great leftovers from having MK here cooking this weekend. She made chicken in a sauce that was fantastic. We also ate some of the sweet potatoes and cabbage plus I ate the spinach and apple salad she left. We did the laundry and I only goofed on a couple of procedures. I also did the ironing that Lou has been doing in the past. Lou got a call from Sylvia Grider just as she was in the process of emailing her. That pleased her to get to talk to Sylvia.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lou and Charles, I am following Lou's progress via your posting on the web and want you to know my prayers are with both of you as you continue to face Lou's situation. I cheer with you when the news is good and I groan with you when it is not. I just wanted you to know I care very much how you are doing and pray Lou will feel better every day. Love, Jean Schnitz

1:08 PM  
Blogger Dr. Rodenberger said...

Jean, I wanted to email you but found I didn't have your address in my computer. Thanks for your prayers and send me your address.
Charles

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home