Thursday, August 02, 2007

FOXES CLIMB TREES Tuesday Lou said Look, there is a fox in the peach tree. Before I could get my camera to record he came down, but one of the kit fox had climbed all the way to the top of the Alberta peach tree looking for peaches. I didn't see him gather one, but there are a lot of small peaches on that tree. It produces two crops: one large freestone Albertas and another crop of small peaches at each blossom point. Strange tree. We had gathered all the large peaches from both trees. The coons didn't beat us to them this year. We had seen the squirrels climbing around looking for peaches but didn't know that fox could climb just like the squirrels.

Today it is raining again. I was going to hoe grass burrs but can't get out. Yesterday while walking my 2 mile track, I had just started back down when a pickup came the same direction. I stepped off to the side in some gravel, lost my footing and hit the ground. The pickup stopped and backed up. While I was rolling around trying to get my feet under me, one of the Mexicans got out of the truck and helped me up. I must have scared them as much as I did myself. I wasn't hurt except for a couple of dings on my shin from rocks, but my pride was hurt bad. I had my walking stick with me, but it didn't help much.

We got an email from Vanessa in India. They are already working with children at a school where preschool kids have to go to learn English or Hindi. There are a lot of different languages in India but to go to school they have to master English and Hindi. Her church sponsors the preschool and adds prayers at the start and finish of classes. Muslims even send their children to learn. I hope she lets me post her emails and I will use them in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home