Saturday, July 21, 2007

On a literary note Lou just finished Stephen Carter's NEW ENGLAND WHITE and handed it to me. She has been telling me quotes for a week. It is a thick book but she couldn't quit until she finished it. It is a murder mystery with a black university president married to a wife who had dated the murdered economics professor. They have four children and a weird mother of his wife. I have just read a few pages.

Lou is having a ball reading her files about HER WORK while she works on her memoir. She is finding old letters and reviews that bring back a lot of memories. She is also reading a manuscript for TT Press. Every morning she reads the Bible and has worked her way thru the NT to Revelation. She isn't sure about that book. She also reads a chapter of AMAZING GRACE. Of course during the day she reads the Abilene Reporter-News and Wall Street Journal and comments on the editorials. This is in addition to magazines like Poets and Writers, Newsweek, etc. There was a cartoon with the cut line "I am a voracious amasser of reading material". She clipped that cartoon because she relates.

She is still having a lot of pains that come and go. My pains have decreased but not gone. Yesterday I emptied the burn barrel and today I had to saw off two broken peach tree limbs. A storm blew thru yesterday for a few minutes and two lower limbs on the Alberta peach tree were on the ground. I had picked peaches from both trees the day before using a ladder. We haven't waited until they are completely ripe because the animals will get them. We have several pounds of peaches in paper bags ripening. And my arms are still working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home