Wednesday, May 21, 2008

MOSTLY ROUTINE
We have been enjoying routine. I have made appointments for us for the dentist and optometrist for next month. Lou is doing fairly well. She walked to the front gate last Saturday, Monday and today. It is hard on her but she is doing it. I worried about my torn tendon because it looked so bad but after research on the web I am fairly convinced that doing nothing is the best option. It doesn't hurt and I have been able to function carrying in groceries, mowing the lawn on the riding mower, etc. I just worry about the other tendon letting go and then I would be in trouble. We worry that if I couldn't drive we would be in a pickle. Lou hasn't driven for 3 years now. There is a rural taxi service that we could use but it doesn't run to FW and Dallas. Friday we drive to Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas for a Regent's committee meeting.

Yesterday I received an email from Louann Bates who is teaching in Alaska. She has finished this school year and will return next year to a different school that is a little larger and nearer to civilization. She returns to Texas this weekend.

Lou has been working on her memoir and has been reading a lot. She reread Jim Lee's book and kept laughing and reading excerpts to me. She would love to have that voice for her book, but has to develop her own. Jim says that he gave a paper at the Folklore Society and when everyone laughed he realized that he is a stand-up comedian. He has given many excellent and humerous papers since then.

My biggest problem is trying to get QuickBooks to work for doing the accounting for the church. Today it went beserk and is giving me fits. But I will conquer it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home