Tuesday, October 16, 2007

GREAT INLAWS
Not only is this great weather but my grass is mowed all over the place due to the Saturday dawn to dark efforts of my son-in-law who designed this house and wants it to look good. Kathy and Keith came Friday to relax from their hurried lives. That morning Kathy went to the funeral of a 38 year-old woman who was last heard from by her husband on her cell phone and was found later in a ravine where her car had left the road. Keith came in Friday from a NARI meeting in Las Vegas where he had learned that remodelers from all over the US have the same problems that his firm has. He is the president of the San Antonio chapter of NARI. Which I think is the National Association of Remodelers something. Our daughter was her useful helpful self cooking and doing all the laundry before they left Sunday morning to go by their lot in SA to see the new house going up next door. Keith has the plans for their house at the blueprinters and they hope to negotiate a loan and start construction soon.

Lou has gone five days from her last chemo with no ill effects. She walked about one half mile this morning. I walked my two miles and it seems to help my Shingles. I finished my 7 day ValTrex treatment this morning and the pain and blisters are still with me but somewhat lessened. If I take the pain pills I can sleep some at night although the dreams walk on the nightmare side. I hate taking prescription pills but sometimes you have to give in. Lou is not having stomach pains. Still has some back pains that move around. She has a real good attitude. Her day was much brightened yesterday when our new preacher, Rev. Margaret Friend, came for her first visit. She brought Lou a book and spent 2 hours visiting with us. We learned that she spent a year in London on assignment by American Airlines when she was one of their computer experts.

Lou continues to study for her finals by working her way through the Bible. She is having a hard time with the Lord in Numbers. Especially when the Lord tells Baalam to get up and go and then gets mad at him for doing it. I told her I read the other day that the Lord's ways are not our ways and we can't expect to understand him. She prefers the God of the NT. She is through John on that part of the exam. Her other literature work is reading for the short novel Spur award. She gets 3 to 4 books a week to read. She also reads background files for her memoir. Right now she has over 130 emails from the Levelland class of '53 that she corresponds with. Apparently they are great story tellers.

The weather is beautiful. After Keith mowed the lawn Sunday early Monday morning a storm dropped 1.25" of rain to make it look great in the sunshine. This morning I walked in a heavy fog and the sun hasn't shown itself through the clouds, but no precip.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Papa, Mom said she had a really good time with you guys this weekend.Sounds like Dad got a lot done. He is amazing that man. I am coming up the last weekend of October with Mom and Val. I can't wait to get away for awhile and spend time with you guys! I love you!! I hope you have a great rest of the week. Know that I am praying fervently for both of you.
Ness

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home