Wednesday, September 22, 2010

REMEMBERING LOU'S BIRTHDAY

Yesterday would have been Lou's 84th birthday. I meant to write something but was on the road and didn't get it done. I looked back at last year and also failed to remember her birthday. I was at the West Texas Book and Music Festival last year. I am missing the first part this year. I did get to deposit the check from TAMU Press for Lou's royalties for the year. They were less than $30. Writing books doesn't pay too well unless you sell a few million, like the current TV celebrities and presidents.

I still plan to remember Lou by giving to the Texas Tech University Press for the prize honoring her, but will have to wait a while until I get the tombstone paid for. I have ordered it and paid half but will have to pay the rest next month when it is installed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home