Saturday, February 24, 2007

To fully record the day I have to comment on the sand storm. We left Weatherford about 11 and the wind was picking up. We drove west with increasing wind and dust in the air. We stopped for lunch about 12 in Eastland and the sand was really blowing. Signs were being blown down. When we left neither of us put on our sunglasses because even though there were no clouds the dust effectively blocked the sun. I expected to see trucks being blown around but they slowed a little and I saw no problems with the traffic.

This sand storm doesn't compare to the black duster that we experienced in Levelland in 1950. When that one hit, I couldn't see Lou sitting next to me in the car and drove by seeing the yellow line in the road. We got to Lubbock and went to the Jr-Sr prom where we danced and wiped our glasses often to see.

I left a message on my granddaughter, Vanessa, cell phone to ask her if she has finally seen a Lubbock black duster that she has been expecting since she started at Texas Tech a couple of years ago. Haven't heard from her.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home