Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lou spoke to the North Fort Worth Women's Club book study group Tuesday morning. She reviewed her latest book, Jane Gilmore Rushing by starting her talk with quotes from Quotable Texas Women. The group has 24 members and most of them were there with a couple of husbands included. They start with coffee and refreshments and I was in hog heaven because one of the goodies was chocolate candies made with potatoes. I also enjoyed talking to several of the women who were long time General Dynamics employees and we discussed the B-58 days. Some of them went back to the B-24 which means there were older than me. I did fly in a B-24 when I was released from WWII and caught a flight from Ogden, UT back to Oklahoma on a plane being flown to Arkansas to scrap. Lou gave a great talk and the members were disappointed that we didn't bring books to sell.

We then had lunch with Mark and Mary Kathryn and were joined by Sue. We followed Sue back into FW to visit her husband, Ike, in the rehab facility where he is recovering from having a new knee installed. We drove home so that I could attend the Church Building Committee meeting.

Speaking of books, I finished a book on the Ark of the Covenant, one on the history of technology in ancient times that argues there have been highly developed civilizations with aircraft, electronics and atomic weapons. But I was notified by Amazon that Mike Blakely had a new novel out and I am now reading Come Sundown by him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home