Saturday, September 30, 2006

Today is a wonderful day. We have guests. This morning I walked my two miles with my daughter, Kathy Wilcox, who was carrying my 2 year old great grandson, Brent. She said it helped with the weight she is suppossed to carry while walking. He is a big weight. Her husband, Keith, is mowing my yard using the John Deere riding mower that broke down with me yesterday. Keith and his son, Jim, Brent's father, fixed the broken steering. Jim is using the Ford tractor to mow the big areas around my house and the Halsell House. Jim and his family came in late last night and spent the night at the Halsell House. Jim and his sons, Chris and Brent came up for Jim to get his coffee at 6 this morning.

Our Texas Tech granddaughter, Vanessa Wilcox, came in for some R&R from all her studies. Kathy is fixing a big meal and we are expecting Bob and Carol Thormer from Conroe plus Lou's sister Sue and her husband, Ike for lunch.

Jim brought me a birthday gift in the form of a new basketball skirt, or whatever you call it, that he put on the old BB goal. While he had the ladder out I got him to put a new rope on one of my deer feeders. He and Keith filled both feeders. So I have gotten out of a lot of work this Saturday.

Charles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home